Terms and conditions – Dobies Cumbria
Whilst Dobies Cumbria makes every effort to ensure that the information contained in this website is accurate and current, we give no warranty or undertaking as to the quality, or freedom from error, of the contents of the website.
Please write to Dobies Cumbria, Dobies Business Park, Lillyhall West, Workington, Cumbria, CA14 4HX. Further information regarding our Complaints Policy is available upon request.
Privacy Statement and Data Policy – Dobies Cumbria
For purposes of this Privacy Statement and Data Policy the following companies will be collectively known as “Dobies Cumbria Group”:
· Dobies Cumbria Motors Limited
· Dobies Cumbria Properties Limited
· Dobies Cumbria Workington Limited
The registered address for all the above companies is:
· Dobies Business Park, Lillyhall West, Workington, Cumbria, CA14 4HX – 01900 603573 – www.dobiescumbria.com – firstname.lastname@example.org
For Dobies Cumbria Finance Limited Privacy Statement and Privacy Notice please click here
To summarise, the only data collected is the minimum necessary for the purpose of selling a vehicle and associated products such as finance, insurance or servicing. No data will be processed for any other any reason than what it was collected for to assist the smooth negotiation or repair of a vehicle. No data will be disseminated to commercial third parties nor sold or rented out with the exception of sharing your data with the Peugeot Motor Company or Vauxhall Motors n relation to the sale and/or service of a vehicle.
Dobies Cumbria policy may change so please return to this web page frequently to make sure you are happy with our privacy statement. This statement was refreshed on 25th May 2018. Below you can find details of what data we collect and how it is protected once supplied to us.
What data is collected and why?
Data is collected for the purpose of selling, purchasing, servicing or reparing a vehicle and associated products such as finance, insurance or servicing.
Information that you provide to us when enquiring on our website, on the telephone, in person, or through the post includes the following:
· Contact information including full name, address, telephone number and email address.
· Information relating to your current or potential vehicle, including registration number, registration date, mileage, condition, service history or any other vehicle related issues relevant to the sale, purchase or repair.
· Information relating to the financing of your vehicle including finance provider, deposit amount, monthly payments, interest rate, type of finance and length of finance agreement.
· Information related to vehicle insurance and current driving licence details.
· We use software tools such as Google Analytics to collect activity via our website for marketing purposes. We look at the following, but not exclusive to the channel the website was entered by, if an enquiry was made, session duration and pages visited. Telephone information including phone numbers and call duration that we use for training and quality control.
Where is your data stored and what do we do with it?
Any information is kept secure and safe by using an internal database which is a password protected system. Where information is paper based this is either scanned and stored electronically or held securely. In order to prevent unauthorised access or data breaches we have effective procedures in place to safeguard information held on you.
If provided with your full details, we will contact you by email, phone or mail unless requested otherwise.
From time to time, we contact you regarding offers, new products and/or recalls which we think to be of legitimate interest to those who have bought, or enquired with us before (if ticked on our form). Unless asked to unsubscribe from contact, clients who have bought, serviced or repaired with us will receive this follow up for 5 years and those who enquired, but never bought, serviced or repaired for 3.
Data may at any point be removed from the database or from marketing activity if requested. We have legitimate reasons to keep information about the vehicle sale, repair and/or service, but we will remove all connection with the client from this.
If for any reason you wish to request that we do not hold certain information about you or you wish to opt out from being contacted by us, please email email@example.com or write to Dobies Cumbria, Dobies Business Park, Lillyhall West, Workington, Cumbria, CA14 4HX
Our website uses cookie technology which helps us bring you the best possible experience when you visit this website. This page is designed to be open and transparent in detailing the information we collect and how we use it and also provides guidance on how you can opt out of cookies should you wish to.
All content found on www.dobiescumbria.com is under copyright with Dobies Cumbria and should not be used without agreement of the owner. Any infringements will be followed up as required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioners Office and our registration numbers are:
Z1383897X - Dobies Finance Ltd
Z1383909 – Dobies Cumbria Motors Ltd
Z11383943 – Dobies Cumbria Workington Ltd
ZA060456 – Dobies Finance Ltd
Links to Third Party websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. Should you choose to use these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over any other website. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting and such sites are governed by this privacy statement. You should look at take into account the privacy statement to the website in question.
Identity of Data Controller
The data controller for the above companies is:
· Emma Dobie, Partner, Dobies Cumbria – firstname.lastname@example.org or 01900603573.
A rigorous multi point check is completed by manufacturer trained technicians. Only once a vehicle has had a multi point check will it be offered for sale. Vehicles that do not meet the standard are sent to auction. All our vehicles also come with an minimum of 6 months MOT if required.
Finally the vehicle is fully valeted, restoring the vehicle back to the glory of its first days. We also offer a variety of products to enhance and maintain this finish, please ask for more details.
Warranty - As applicable
- New Cars - As per new car warranty as supplied by the manufacture
- Used cars under 3 years old – As per balance of new car warranty as supplied by manufacture
- Use Cars over 3 years old – Parts and Labour excluding tyres, paintwork and trim, glass, negligence on the part of the customer, water leaks, rattles/squeaks, alarms and accessories. The below bands apply:
- £4,500 + - 3 months – 3,000 miles whichever occurs firs
- £3,500- £4,500 – 2 months – 2,000 miles whichever occurs first
- £2,500 - £3,500 – 1 month – 1,000 miles whichever occurs first
- Under £2,500 – no warranty. This does not affect my statutory rights
- Commercial vehicles - No cover for commercial vehicles unless it has a manufacturer cover, this does not affect your statutory rights.
- Please be aware that all Dobies warranty there is a £500 claim limit.
If the vehicle on the date of purchase is 5 years or older please dismiss the mileage shown on this order as accurate as part of your purchasing decision unless we have provided full documentation to support mileage shown to be accurate and same details attached.
All Dobies used vehicles come with a minimum 3 month manufacturer backed warranty or the remainder of the manufactures existing 3 year warranty (Except those vehicles with a sales price of less than £4,500 and Commercial Vehicles). All major components are covered giving you peace of mind motoring and protection against large unexpected bills (details of exact component cover are available on request).
Finance General Terms and Conditions
· Offers available on orders or registrations are subject to certain dates, please enquiry for details.
· Not available in conjunction with any other offers.
· Images and colours shown are for illustrative purposes only and may show optional equipment.
· Whilst every effort is made to ensure the offer details are accurate and up to date,
· Dobies reserves the right to change offers at any time.
· This website is designed to provide general product information and is NOT a contractual document or offer of sale. You MUST check with Dobies for availability of specific cars and offers.
· For full specification details, please refer to the specification sheet or ask Dobies who will be happy to help.
Dobies Cumbria Finance Ltd Hire Purchase with Final Payment
Offer subject to availability. Hire purchase with final payment. Finance subject to status, Terms and Conditions apply. Applicants must be 18 years or over. Finance by Dobies Cumbria Finance Limited, Dobies Business Park, Lillyhall West, Workington, Cumbria, CA14 4HX. 36-60 month term available. At the end of the agreement there are three options: i) Retain the vehicle: Pay the final payment to own the vehicle, ii) Replace: Part Exchange the vehicle at current trade value. We can introduce you to a limited number of finance providers, commission may be received.
Just Add Fuel & Passport
Peugeot Motor Company PLC is a credit broker and not a lender. We will only introduce you to Peugeot Financial Services. A guarantee may be required. Finance provided by and written quotations available from PSA Finance UK Limited t/a Peugeot Financial Services, Quadrant House, Princess Way, Redhill, RH1 1QA. Excess mileage charges may apply. Deposit may be required. Just Add Fuel (JAF) is subject to status.The first year Road Fund Licence (RFL) is provided with the car. Where vehicle tax is payable after the first year the Dealer will provide customers with a cheque for the value of years 2 and 3 RFL (based on current rates). The customer must always apply for years 2 & 3 RFL.
3 years motor insurance is provided and excesses will apply. Motor Insurance underwritten by U K Insurance Limited which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Routine servicing included only. Excludes wear parts.
Minimum age 21, 25 or 30 on selected models, maximum age 75. Policyholder must have a minimum of 2 years NCD to use on the vehicle. All drivers must meet eligibility criteria including minimum 2 years’ full UK licence (non-telematics contracts only), driving convictions/claims limits. Payments will vary according to age, post code and annual mileage. The costs of insurance, servicing and Roadside Assistance are included within the monthly cost of JAF Passport for 3 years and are provided on a monthly pay-as-you-go basis and can be cancelled at any time without penalty or affecting the remainder of the JAF Passport contract.
The information and images here are based on the current technical data when published.The equipment shown is factory fitted or available as an option at extra cost, depending on the model. As part of a policy of continuous specification improvement, Peugeot reserve the right to modify the technical equipment, options and colours at any time. For full specification details, please refer to the specification sheet or ask your Peugeot Dealer who will be happy to help. Images shown are for illustration purposes only.
JUST ADD FUEL TELEMATICS Terms and Conditions – Applicable to Peugeot 108, 208 (excGTi) and 2008.
Minimum age 18, maximum age 75.Drivers are required to install the Telematics Box & consent to Data capture & transmission to qualify for insurance. All drivers must hold a full UK licence and meet eligibility criteria including limits on driving convictions and claims. Insurance subject to cancellation if four warnings are received for poor driving. The costs of insurance, servicing and Roadside Assistance are included within the monthly cost of JAF Passport for 3 years and are provided on a monthly pay-as-you-go basis and can be cancelled at any time without penalty or affecting the remainder of the JAF Passport contract.
PCP and PCH Emissions Statement
PCP #Fuel consumption information is official government environmental data, tested in accordance with the relevant EU directive. Official EU-regulated test data is provided for comparison purposes and actual performance will depend on driving style, road conditions and other non-technical factors. PCH #Fuel consumption information is official government environmental data, tested in accordance with the relevant EU directive. Official EU-regulated test data is provided for comparison purposes and actual performance will depend on driving style, road conditions and other non-technical factors.
Offer subject to availability within 30 miles radius of CA14 4HX is free of charge. Distances further than 30 miles will be subject to a charge. All home deliveries will need to adher to social distancing and government guidance at the time of the delivery. For more information please contact email@example.com for the most upto date policy and procedure.
Re-opening - £100 Gift Voucher
Gift Voucher to be redeemed against for food only in the Central Bistro or Bar Lounge at the Washington Central Hotel, Workington. Excludes special events. Subject to availability. Booking Essential. Valid for 3 months from date of purchase of vehicle. Not transferrable. £10 dominations will be given – no cash given back for part vouchers.
Distance Sale - Your right to cancel
A distance sale is defined as when a customer buys a car and the contract is not formed at our premises. This includes when an order is placed and paid for online, or by telephone, and the product is delivered to the customer’s home without any face-to-face contact or collected outside at our premises.
You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any particular reason. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you, or a third party on your behalf, collect or take delivery of your vehicle. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement sent the Sales Manager by post or email detailed below in the footer of this statement within the 14 day cancellation deadline.
Effects of cancellation
If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you payments received from you, including the cost of delivering the goods to you (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose delivery over collection or a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us). This reimbursement is subject to the following conditions:
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. Anything over and above 250 miles will be considered unnecessary handling and will lead to a deduction of £1 for each mile driven over 250 miles. In addition, we will also be entitled to make a deduction for any damage or excess wear.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you the vehicle and all documents which were supplied including, but not limited to, keys, service histories, MOT and the V5 documentation.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. This may include handing back any part exchange vehicle if still available and/or seeking payment from you to cover any negative equity.
- We will withhold the reimbursement until we have received the goods and all paperwork back in good order.
- It is your responsibility to return the vehicle without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation of this contract to us.
- You will remain liable for the vehicle and so for its tax, insurance, and any fines, charges or penalties until it has been accepted back to our premises.
- You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods and take full responsibility for the safe return of the vehicle.
- You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than which is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods according to the previous reference to mileage.
- Commercial vehicles and vans are excluded for the 14 day right to cancel.
Rights to Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) is an alternative and voluntary process for helping resolve complaints and disputes between our customer and Dobies Cumbria which does not involve going to court. At Dobies Cumbria we welcome this opportunity and ADR could include concilliation, mediation or arbitration. Please see the complaints section of our terms and conditions for further information, as well as the government guidance on ADR on their website (see https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/alternative-dispute-resolution-for-consumers/alternative-dispute-resolution-for-consumers
Dobies Cumbria Motors Limited is an appointed representative of ITC Compliance Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (their registration number is 313486) and which is permitted to advise on and arrange general insurance contracts as an intermediary.
Dobies Cumbria Motors Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for consumer credit activity and our registration number is 688096. Permitted activities include acting as a credit broker not a lender.
We can introduce you to a limited number of finance providers. We do not charges fees for Consumer Credit Services. We may receive a payment(s) or other benefits from finance providers should you decide to enter into agreement with them. The payment we received does not impact on the finance rate offered. All finance applications are subject to status, terms and conditions apply, UK residents only, 18’s or over, Guarantees may be required. We are not an independent financial advisor. We will provide details of products available from the lenders we work with, but no advice or recommendation will be made. You must decide whether the finance product is right for you.
DOBIES CUMBRIA MOTORS LIMITED, DOBIES BUSINESS PARK, LILLYHALL WEST, WORKINGTON, CUMBRIA, CA14 4HX